Saturday, December 12, 2009

More Family Pictures

Here's a photograph from what I believe to be the late 1940s of my great grandfather, Fredrick O'Neal Sr. His wife, my great grandmother, Essie O'Neal, is pictured with her brother, Norris Reed in the sidebar of b.vikki vintage.


I've posted this picture before - of my grandfather, Fredrick O'Neal Jr (Essie and Fred O'Neal Sr.'s first son) at 16 years old - from the early 1960s.



And my father is Fredrick O'Neal III.

Here he is at prom in 1985.



Here he is again in the mid 1980s.


And these were taken in early 1987, a week or so after I was born.


And here's my mom, Lynette, in the 1970s and 1980s.

Yes, my mom and my dad went on prom together.

Here's my mom in the mid 1980s.

And I love this picture of her from the 70s!


My aunt Felicia, who reads my blog DAILY (and will probably be upset with me for posting this!), is here pictured in 1987 - with me a few weeks after my birth. She's 16 in this picture!


You may remember seeing her featured here before as a b.vikki vintage model:



My dad dropped the first picture off today and I'm so glad he did! Along with it, he's given me a July 1954 issue of Ebony Magazine that can't be found in any online archives, so I'll be posting its articles and pictures in the days and weeks to come.

Here's the cover:



In this issue are some interesting articles about female wrestlers, the best Negro high school in America, "Problems of the new Negro elite", a fascinating piece on Sarah Vaugh, and much more.

And a Pyrex update! My grandmother's Butterfly Gold cereal bowl is broken...
:(
I'm not going to say it's my sister's fault... but I'm not going to say it's NOT her fault.
I kid. It fell out of a cabinet she was opening. And shattered.



R.I.P. Pyrex bowl. Never Forget.

11 comments:

  1. Great photos! Love that magazine cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing with us your lovely family photos. They are precious.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, your entire family looks so handsome! Your mom looks so stylish in that photo. Don't you just feel a surge of pride when you look at old family photos? I can't help but feel sweet inside when I see how shy and beautiful my family looks in old photos!

    xo Jenny

    PS, your aunt is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs.Strong family resemblence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of your blog when I posted my grandparents wedding shots. I would love to hear what you think! http://saseventdesign.blogspot.com/2009/12/endless-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello.... I´m just travel around the World :)
    Have a great day!
    Hugs from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I just gave you an award at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dad is quite dapper and your mum looks gorgeous. Thanks for the pictures. I really wish vintage style makes a comeback. Style was so much more sophisticated and creative back then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the vintage photos of Fredrick O'Neal, did you know that he was a incredible musician

    ReplyDelete
  10. how much memories can keep a piture, and this section is a prove of that, I saw at least ten generations in pictures, I knew the grandma and grandpa, father and mother, brothers and sisters, all the entire family.

    ReplyDelete