Wednesday, October 21, 2009

1940s, 1950s, & 1960s photos from Skin Deep

Don't forget to visit b.vikki vintage on Etsy!


The photos in this post are from a book I checked out of the library called Skin Deep: Inside the World of Black Fashion Models by Barbara Summers. It was very insightful on the subject of the history of models of color in the fashion industry and had great anecdotes from the author. I definitely recommend it if you're interested in such things.








Another Harlem debutante photo! I'm really starting to love these.







Don't forget to visit b.vikki vintage on Etsy!

2 comments:

  1. I think that the pictures are really good, I would like to go to a party as this one in the past, I think that this information is really good!!22dd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this site, it's so important to know more about this topic, keep it up and of course every time I have time I'll love to check out again

    ReplyDelete