Monday, October 5, 2009

Vintage Royal Crown Hair Dressings ads from 1960-1962

Don't forget to visit b.vikki vintage on Etsy!


I love vintage ads that use illustration rather than photography. Maybe it has something to do with my documented love for comic books (I have an entire blog dedicated to Black female superheroes). The b.vikki vintage blog banner illustration is actually an ad illustration for Colgate that I tweaked for my own purposes. I'm sure that's highly illegal, but the ads have been out of use for four decades, and b.vikki vintage is hardly even a dog and pony show at this point. This start-up is small beans, so I doubt anyone from Colgate's going to hunt me down and sue me over this. Just in case: OOPS!






On to the ads at hand. I love the *Be Fashionable* tagline and the style of the illustrations. It almost makes me wish Royal Crown Hair Dressing was still around! Oh, wait! It is! And the packaging hasn't changed a bit in over 100 years.





I have A LOT more vintage Royal Crown Hair Dressing ads, but the rest feature photography and no illustration, so I'll give them their own post later.

Don't forget to visit b.vikki vintage on Etsy!

2 comments:

  1. I put this stuff in my hair every day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect because I know that most of people used to put it in their hair, I think you were really audacious putting this information in here it was excellent.m1m0

    ReplyDelete